History and Civilisation in the Pays de Laval
- This tour will reveal all the stages in the urban and architectural development of the Pays de Laval. From colonisation in the Gallo-Roman period up to the present-day shaping of the urban fabric. We suggest you explore our history through some of the very significant buildings.
Programme for the day
- 10.00 a.m.: Explore the city of Laval, from its origins to the present day including discovery of the Jardin Botanique de la Perrine (Perrine Botanical Garden) where you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Mayenne Valley.
Worth noting: this visit can be theme-based: the medieval city, the new town.
- 12.30 p.m.: Lunch at one of the Pays de Laval restaurants.
- 3.00 p.m.: Tour resumes with discovery of the oldest traces of civilisation in the Pays de Laval: the Gallo-Roman thermal baths of Inter-Amnes (Entrammes). The historical staging makes for a particularly surprising visit.
- Worth noting: the remarkable state of conservation of the baths.
- 4.30 p.m.: Departure for Parné-sur-Roc, Petite Ville de Caractère (Small Town of Character). A small typical Mayenne village, it has a Romanesque church with a 12th-century porch-bell tower. Among other things, you will see the medieval bridge, the quaint houses and the lime kilns.
- 5.30 p.m.: Return to Laval and end of the excursion.
- €39/pers. – based on 50 people or more
- €40.50/pers. – Based on 40 to 49 people
- €43.50/pers. – Based on 30 to 39 people
- €49/pers. – Based on 20 to 29 people
5% off these tariffs for tourist industry professionals
Included in the price: Entrance to the sites, lunch (drinks listed on the programme), the services of a tour guide.
Not included in the price: transport, personal expenses.
Information & bookings
Tel: +33 (0)220.127.116.11.18